Senior Research Fellow, School of Medical Sciences
- Full time, research only fixed term for 12 months
- Lead a cancer research team
- Base Salary from $135,793 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Medical Sciences is recognised as one of the leading centres for medical science education in the world. With over 100 years of excellence in education, we are proud to be training the next generation of medical scientists who will be leading members of the medical research community with an innovative integrated curriculum. Our team of researchers lead key internationally competitive research from molecules to medicines, from patient to policy across a range of therapeutic areas.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- lead a team of staff and HDR students researching leukemic cancer stem cells
- design and undertake laboratory experiments with a focus on testing anti-cancer stem cell strategies
- enhance collaborations with industry partners to develop anti-cancer stem cell therapies
- disseminate research outcomes using a variety of communication channels.
- a PhD in biomedical research or related fields
- a strong track-record of research investigating leukemic cancer stem cells
- evidence to obtain grant funding and build research portfolio with academic, industry and other relevant stakeholders
- have experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin Recruitment Operations, on firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 21 July 2022 11:59 PM