Manager / Assistant Manager, Office of Academic Services
To work with Assistant Director, Office of Academic Services, to manage a team responsible for the smooth administration and provision of support including processes relating to student records, financial claims, reports and audits. The incumbent is also expected to identify gaps in processes and workflows and to strategize changes, system enhancements and/or adoption of new IT technologies due to evolving business policies and landscape.
- Work with team to execute various operational processes according to action plan and resolve operational issues
- Work with stakeholders to translate new/revised business policies into implementation plans
- Manage department administration; staff performance and development
- Work with team to actively review and contribute to the improvement of system and processes within department
- Oversees the administrative aspects of financial schemes, statistics and data reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with University-wide and divisional activities/tasks as necessary or assigned (eg graduation, invigilation, minutes taking, etc)
- Degree with at least 8 years' working experience, of which 3 years at managerial level leading a team
- Able to lead in identifying gaps in processes and workflows and to strategize changes for process/system enhancements and/or adoption of new IT technologies due to evolving business policies and landscape
- Computational thinker with strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Influencer with good interpersonal and communications skills to work well with people collaboratively
- Resourceful, innovative and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, able to work independently and take initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office skills