At TU Dresden, the Technology Platform Deep Sequencing of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB) offers a project position as
Research Associate (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting October 1, 2022 and is limited until September 30, 2025. The period of employment is governed by § 2 (2) Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz-WissZeitVG).
The Technology Platform Deep Sequencing is part of the DRESDEN-concept Genome Center (DcGC) and is together with the Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH), of the TU Dresden one of six German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA) data hubs that will produce and store sequencing data, and provide a gateway for data access. The main goal is to provide a secure archive for human high-throughput sequencing data and infrastructure for data analysis to the National Research Data Infrastructure Germany (NFDI).
This position will be a challenging and exciting opportunity for candidates who are keen on working at the interface between IT development and infrastructure in science. The main part is the implementation of interfaces which link the sample management system and storage structure of DcGC to its counterpart infrastructure at GHGA. Secondly, the successful applicant will handle customer support, data access and upload requests of sequencing data to GHGA and processes data ingest, metadata validation and quality control. Both tasks will happen in close interaction with the ZIH and the relevant GHGA working groups, in particular
- setup necessary interfaces that link DcGC with GHGA
- setup a database to store and manage metadata information
- build and design a portal for data submission and information visualization
- develop data security concepts handling human data in collaboration with ZIH and TU Dresden Information Security
- validation of sequencing data and metadata for submission into GHGA
- handling data access requests and work on tasks as part of the GHGA data steward team
- contribute to the relevant GHGA working groups.
- university degree (German Diploma, Master's degree) in computer science, data science, computational biology, bioinformatics or a related field of natural sciences
- experience and expertise in the development of data management / data curation
- willingness to familiarise yourself with an existing comprehensive software solution with a complex data structure and to help develop it further
- experience in the conception of web-based user interfaces/user guidance and confident handling of HTML/CSS
- good skills in spoken and written German and English
- open-minded and motivated to push the tasks
- high motivation and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- understanding of sequencing technologies and/or data security is beneficial.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including a letter of motivation and a CV in English as well as certificates by July 28, 2022 (stamped arrival date applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: TU Dresden, CMCB, Technologieplattform, z. Hd. Frau Janett Schuster, Tatzberg 47-49, 01307 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Please find the German version under: