Associate Professor of Counselling
- Join a university that’s transforming tomorrow, today
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Choice of Lismore, Gold Coast or Coffs Harbour campuses suited to the Australian coastal lifestyles
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our gamechanging new education modelbrings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Health is expanding their health programs and are now seeking an Associate Professor of Counselling to lead the delivery of a new counselling program.
We are seeking applications from talented academics to significantly contribute to the overall development, learning and teaching, research and engagement within the counselling discipline.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the design of curriculum and delivery of counselling units; and
- Undertake quality interdisciplinary research other professional activities that promote the discipline, Faculty and University more broadly.
To be considered for this position, you willpossess a PhD in psychology or a relevant area and current registration with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). In addition, you will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to contribute to innovative curriculum in the counselling discipline. More specifically, you will have:
- A record of teaching excellence;
- A growing publication record relative to opportunity; and
- Established relationships with key academics, industry or professional institutions and a proven ability to network.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available.
- Academic Level D. The base salary ranges from $148,746 - $163,655 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $191,476.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Professor Julie Jomeen, Executive Dean, Faculty of Health
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEST, 27 July 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.