- Full time continuing role
- Fantastic opportunity for an EA to support the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer & the Director Media & Public Relations
- Base Salary $89,759 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive Executive Assistant to join the office of the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, and Office of the Director Media and Public Relations. As the Executive Assistant, you will provide the full suite of executive support services, ensuring the specific needs and day to day requirements of the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and Director Media and Public Relations are managed in a highly efficient and effective manner. As the first point of contact representing these offices, you will employ high levels of communication and organisation skills, ensuring all matters that arise are efficiently managed in a highly professional and proactive manner.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- effectively coordinate and manage the day-to-day office operations and administration activity, including complex diary and calendar management and travel coordination
- arrange and support meetings, including scheduling, venue booking, catering, preparing agendas, collation and distribution of documents and minutes taking.
- support all staff meetings, including: Slido set up and management, edit recordings, upload to stream and distribute to team via yammer.
- make decisions regarding management and coordination of the daily functions of the Chief and Director's office.
- build and manage effective working rapport with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- ensure quality application of, and compliance with, University administration policies and procedures
- work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing and Communications and Media and Public Relations to ensure that strategic goals are achieved
- Maintain, revise and improve effective administration systems and practices, including correspondence, WHS and filing and records management.
- experience as an Executive Assistant to a Chief/Director in a large, complex organisation
- excellent organisational, planning and time management skills including the ability to coordinate multiple work projects across a range of priorities
- strong written communication skills including the ability to draft correspondence and prepare detailed documentation
- comprehensive experience in complex diary calendar management and travel coordination
- high levels of interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders within a complex organisation
- advanced computer skills including Outlook, MS office suite and Visio.
For the position description for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Liz Mackinlay, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Tuesday 12 July 2022 11:59 PM