Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERIN
Title: Special Scientist
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: One (1) year with possibility of extension
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Application Code: FOSS2022SS-06
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full-time or part-time Special Scientist position to work on research programmes of the lab.
It is noted that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 working hours.
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with a grade of at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
- Working experience in programs funded by the EU.
- Experience in any of the following research fields:
- Power Systems.
- Smart Grids.
- Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
- ICT applications in the field of energy.
- Programming in Python especially for energy related applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology, Smart Grids and Grid Integration. Additional duties include:
- Drafting reports and research publications.
- Writing Research Proposals
- Support in writing Research Proposals.
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students).
- Support in research project management.
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for 12 months, with the possibility of renewal upon successful progress. The maximum monthly gross salary for full time employment (i.e. 140 hours per month) is in the range of €1,044.39 to €2,436.90 (i.e. from €7.46 per hour to €17.41 per hour), depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and specific duties. Contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted from the aforementioned amounts. 13th salary is not provided.
Interested candidate should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the specific position.
- Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and school certificate (apolyterion).
- Copies of degrees and transcripts of Bachelor and/or Master’s degree(s).
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
he University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU). The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity, and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.