Research Associate / Postdoc „Biological Image Analysis“
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute of Artificial Intelligence, the Chair of Machine Learning for Computer Vision offers a position as
Research Associate / Postdoc „Biological Image Analysis“ (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the earliest possible date. The position is limited for three years with the option of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz-WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. habilitation thesis). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please indicate your request in your application.
- curiosity-driven basic research of fundamental problems in the field of biological image analysis
- design and implementation of algorithms for solving these problems, exactly or heuristically, in practice
- empirical analysis and comparison of these algorithms in application to biological image data
- publication of findings and insights in leading international conferences and journals
- collaboration with biologists at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) and the Center for Systems Biology Dresden (CSBD)
- teaching in the Masters’ Program Computational Modeling and Simulation (in English).
- doctoral degree in computer science
- very good university degree in mathematics, computer science or a related discipline
- publications on topics of image analysis or computer vision in top conferences (esp. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, MICCAI, ICML, NeurIPS) or journals (esp. TPAMI, Medical Image Analysis, TMI)
- very good programming skills, preferably in C or C++, proven by code examples
- teaching experience
- very good scientific writing skills (in English).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by August 31, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to: email@example.com or to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Informatik, Institut für Künstliche Intelligenz, Professur für Maschinelles Lernen für Computer Vision, Herrn Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Björn Andres, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden, Germany. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
:Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Please find the German version under: