Director of Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence
The Director of Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence holds faculty status. This position reports to the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs. The individual is responsible for creating a collaborative and supportive climate that enables and guides faculty to achieve excellent learning outcomes through development of faculty members’ expertise in active learning and teaching methodologies, technologies and pedagogies. The Director consults and collaborates with faculty to promote and support progressive, inclusive and student-centric teaching practices, assesses the effectiveness of such programs and develops institutional strategies and tactics to address gaps and opportunities. The Director manages the implementation and support for academic technologies related to teaching, such as the LMS, Panopto and the Technology rooms.
Reports to: Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
The responsibilities of the Director of Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence include the following priority responsibilities, as well as others that may be assigned to further the mission and vision of VinUni:
- Leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Center’s strategic plan initiatives;
- Supports academic units and programs to achieve teaching excellence goals;
- Maintains a climate that encourages and facilitates interdisciplinary engagement, participation, collegiality, and innovation in teaching;
- Assesses faculty needs for development, designs programs to meet identified needs, and assesses effectiveness of programs from attendance, satisfaction, and outcomes;
- Works collaboratively and effectively with the VPAA, Deans, and Chairs to establish a plan for achieving expected outcomes for teaching excellence;
- Collaborates with the staff in Information Technology, Registrar’s Office, and other units to assure smooth operation of academic technologies;
- Collaborates with leadership in analyzing the input from institutional assessments such as student surveys, course evaluations, faculty surveys, to identify needs for improvement and develop and implement mitigating solutions Works with faculty, both full-time and adjunct, in groups or individually to foster excellence in teaching and assessment of student outcomes;
- Maintains personal professional development by staying updated on literature on teaching and learning, emerging teaching and learning technologies, and electronic platforms;
- Promotes scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL) at VinUniversity and leads SOTL projects Guides faculty in the integration of technology to support teaching and learning;
- leads faculty development training programs in pedagogies, course design , assessments, student learning outcomes, and other topics related to active teaching and learning and student support;
- responsible for holding national, regional and international conferences and workshops on teaching and learning at VinUniversity;
- Liases with national, governmental and international colleagues to support the university’s goals and mission related to excellence in teaching and learning;
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Strong academic background as an educator across both online and on campus pedagogy and teaching methodologies and demonstrated capacity to engage and develop faculty colleagues in teaching. Expertise with administration of learning management systems, instructional technology, and faculty development in the use of such and similar systems.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/109324 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.