Post Doctoral Fellow
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct experimental testing program on corrosion and stress corrosion cracking of casing and tubing steel grades.
- Develop analytical and numerical models to study corrosion and corrosion stress cracking of steels for tubing and casing design.
- Carry out numerical simulations using a variety of software tools, including COMSOL Multiphysics ® software and Matlab.
- Prepare quality manuscripts intended for submission to leading peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Contribute administrative and progress data as required by the PI.
- Assist in supervising graduate students and junior members of the project team.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Materials, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or closely related fields
- A demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in corrosion and stress corrosion cracking of metals/alloys.
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group.
- A superior academic performance and publication record.
- Considerable knowledge of materials science, and corrosion.
- Modeling and simulation of corrosion and stress corrosion cracking.
- Knowledge of The COMSOL Multiphysics ® software.
- Programming skills such as Matlab.
- Good experimental skills
- Ability to prepare high-quality scientific manuscripts evidenced by a substantial scholarly record.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time