Post Doctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Neutronics investigation of the considered reactor design by utilizing the alternative fuel concepts.
- Study the thermal-hydraulics behavior under different operation conditions.
- Document the obtained research findings in project reports, research papers and conference/workshop presentations.
- Formulate, plan and conduct research tasks in a timely manner, and in line with the project objectives and milestones.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the procurement of consumables.
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduate students.
- Present research findings to the faculty team in periodic project meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Nuclear Engineering, or in a similar discipline.
- Strong background and experience in neutronics analysis codes.
- Good background in coupled reactor physics and thermal-hydraulics calculations.
- Established track record evidenced by publications in high-quality international journals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team-oriented research environment.
- Strong analytical skills, inter-personnel skills, and creative thinking.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time