Post Doctoral Fellow
A postdoctoral research opportunity is available at the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Khalifa University for outstanding researchers to apply state-of-the-art materials science, organic electronics and biosensors, for the development of a microfluidics based bioelectronic multiparameter point of care sensor
- The job purpose is to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized, postdoctoral researcher who is critical thinker and interested in a challenging, fast-paced environment. We are especially interested in candidates that can apply scientific and engineering expertise to solve problems creatively and independently.
The main operational responsiilities are the following:
- Design, fabricate and characterize biosebsors based on electrochemical methods
- Develop/ optimize biofunctionalization schemes for use in biosensors
- Perform electrochemical measurements of biological samples in vitro.
- Identify novel designs and measuring schemes
- Carry out specific project tasks and deliverables.
- Perform data interpretation, statistical analysis and generate scientific reports.
- Attend lab meetings, university workshops and research boards.
- Write papers and publish in high impact journals (Q1).
- Present results in national and international conferences.
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates must hold a PhD Degree in Physics, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Experience in experimental design, device fabrication, electrical characterization.
- Experience in biosensors, energy generation devices, wearable devices, in vitro cell culture is a considerable plus.
- A strong publication record is required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, formal presentation).
- Experience in performing literature review/mining and article writing.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time