Post Doctoral Fellow
- To conduct cutting edge research in the field of Na - Ion batteries. The primary purpose of the role is to lead the experimental efforts on the development of materials and processes related to novel technologies for electrochemical energy storage, in particular pertaining to the above type of battery systems. The work will involve experimental design, material synthesis, characterization, performance evaluation, and optimization.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publications, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the faculty supervisors.
- Support the Principal Investigator, co-Investigators and project members in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Support dissemination activities of the project outcomes.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisors, the Department, and the University.
- Support the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique novel concepts and solutions
- Work independently and take initiatives.
The candidate will also provide training to new comers on material synthesis, characterization and testing/performance evaluation.
In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of graduate students (MSc and PhD), working in the project.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Chemistry, Materials Science or related areas.
- Expertise in the area of material synthesis, characterization and battery testing.
- 2+ years of Postdoctoral experience.
Records of some knowledge in the field of materials developments and processes related to novel technologies for electrochemical energy storage
- Expertise in materials synthesis, modification, characterization, and testing.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- A good track records of research publications.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time