Manager, Research Contracts (HEO 9)
- Full-time, continuing position based in Research and Innovation Services at Mawson Lakes campus
- Strategic management, negotiation and administration of research contracts
- Significant leadership role enabling strategic research outcomes
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Research and Innovation Services (RIS) provides support for the management of research, and administers sponsored research projects, along with contract research and consultancy agreements. It is also responsible for ensuring the responsible and ethical conduct of research, and for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of the experience and outcomes for postgraduate research students.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director: Research and Innovation Services, the Manager: Contracts Establishment leads the resource and operational management of the Contracts Establishment team at UniSA, which oversees the management, successful negotiation and administration of a diverse range of contracts relating to research.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the negotiation and administration of a diverse range of research contracts, funding agreements and tenders
- Provide support and advice to the UniSA research community relating to governance, risk and legal aspects of research contracts and negotiations
- Provide effective leadership, management and development of the Research Contracts team
- Implement effective process and procedures for continuous improvement in research contract negotiation, management and administration
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Commerce, Business or an equivalent qualification coupled with extensive relevant experience in a research related environment
- A demonstrated knowledge of research governance and practitioner level knowledge of a range research agreements
- Significant senior level skills and proven experience in contract negotiation and administration
- An excellent record of achievement in leading, coordinating and integrating customer focused service delivery across multi-functional teams and units
- Demonstrated people management skills, including staff development, coaching and mentoring
Culture and Benefits
At UniSA our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes innovation anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Every day we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
This position is offered at HEO 9 level with a commencement salary of $123,186 and a generous superannuation contribution of up to 17%. Other benefits include professional development support, salary sacrifice and additional leave options. Our family friendly approach and focus on work/life wellbeing will ensure you enjoy the many benefits of living and working in vibrant, highly affordable Adelaide, consistently ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Senior Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4270.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 17 July 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.