Fairfield School of Business (FSB) is a leading provider of Higher Education that is inclusive, inspiring, and developing the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders. FSB is based in Croydon, Luton, and Birmingham and offers courses through its partnerships with Bath Spa University and De Montford University.
To provide strategic leadership and direction to the curriculum, quality and student support service functions within the organisation to enable and to facilitate the delivery of high-quality education and training.
To assist the Principal and Governance Board: in securing the highest possible educational standards for students and in creating an atmosphere in which staff have high expectations of students.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work effectively with the Governance Board, Principal and the Senior Management Team to ensure the strategic aims, objectives, vision, mission and values of the organisation are achieved.
- Responsible of initiating, managing and processing Taught Degree Awarding Power (TDAP) application.
- Responsible of curriculum development through TDAP.
- To assist the Principal with Management, assuming those parts of the principal’s job description that may be delegated from time-to-time, permanently or temporarily.
- To oversee the supervision of the office, administrative and other support staff, in conjunction with other relevant line managers.
- To assist the principal in setting an example of high-quality performance in standards and leadership.
- To co-ordinate activities to meet the requirements of any external assessment or inspection process imposed upon the organisation, acting as the nominee if necessary.
- To establish, maintain and develop effective relationships with external agencies and other stakeholders.
- To be responsible for ensuring the organisation maintains its validation status with relevant HE partners.
- To undertake other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Principal or Governance Board.
- Recognised Teaching Qualification (Essential)
- Masters degree (Essential)
- PGCE (Learning and Teaching in Higher Education) (Desirable)
- PhD (Desirable)
- Experience in validation for Taught Degree Awarding Power for Alternate Providers (Essential)
- Able to produce student progression statement and student protection plan along with analysis on student data (Essential)
- Led/supervised successful QSR (Essential)
- Evidence of similar experience (Desirable)
- Recent experience of working successfully as a senior or middle leader in a HE (Essential)
- Experience of turning policy into effective and successful practice (Essential)
- Leadership of a significant area or phase or inclusion (Essential)
- Up to date knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the post (Essential)
- Evidence of a whole organisational responsibility with a measurable, positive impact (Desirable)
- Pastoral oversight of students (Desirable)
- Working successfully with external agencies/regulators/partners (Desirable)
- The ability to develop and deliver effective and inspirational professional development for staff (including mentoring and coaching as appropriate) (Essential)
- The ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of different audiences (Essential)
- The ability to demonstrate high quality teaching strategies (Essential)
- The ability to support, motivate and inspire both colleagues and pupils by leading through example (Essential)
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values. In particular, commitment:
- to prioritise the needs of students and employers
- to act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- to secure continuous improvement and excellence
- Resilience (Essential)
- A commitment to excellence (Essential)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal development (Essential)
- Ability to travel between campuses