Innovation Broker Digital Dairy Chain Project
School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences
Paisley Campus (20-25% travel withing Scotland and Cumbria required)
Salary range: Grade 7: £46,042 - £50,296
Fixed Term until 27 January 2026
THE POST – Innovation Broker Digital Dairy Chain Project
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking to recruit an proactive, highly organised, individual to take up the post of Innovation Broker Digital Dairy Chain Project and become a key member of the the school strategy for delivering the Digital Dairy Chain project. A passionate and driven individual, you will enjoy the fast pace and varied nature of the workload.
UWS has been awarded with a flagship UK project “Digital Dairy Value-Chain for South-West Scotland & Cumbria” (see BBC news at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-57914520). The projects aim to achieve “game-changing” technical solutions to help the stakeholders and industries along the dairy value chain including farming, manufacturing, transportation/logistics, telecommunication and so on to improve how they operate thanks to £21.3m from the UK government's Strength in Places fund.
The successful candidate should be able to evidence:
- A post graduate degree in IT or Business Management.
- Experience of involvement in business knowledge exchange projects supporting business and/or academic teams.
- Experience developing and maintaining a strong network internally and externally, to enable an exchange of Information, forming relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues to enable future collaboration.
- Experience building relationships with organisations to identify specific project opportunities and then determine how these can be funded.
- Experience of working with staff at a variety of levels across SMEs and large organization.
- Develop and manage a project portfolio including: competitive bidding, CPD development and delivery, networking events.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. With drive, enthusiasm and tenacity you will be accustomed to operating within a busy environment.
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world. Find out more about our School.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Dr Santiago Matalonga, at email@example.com
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
Interview Date: 12th August 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.