UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
School of Health and Life Sciences
School Coordinator, Grade 4 (2 posts)
18 Months Fixed Term
Salary Scale £24,174 - £29,614
Campus – Paisley/Lanarkshire
THE POST – School Coordinator
As part of its continuing development, the School of Health and Life Sciences is seeking to recruit 2 experienced and highly organised School Co-ordinators to join the School’s Professional Support Team based at either Lanarkshire or Paisley Campus. In this busy role as School Co-ordinator, you will provide a high level of administrative support to academics and students across the School.
The post includes three key result areas: international, research and quality (see job descriptor). Each area has a range of core duties, which will be split between postholders according to School workload and business needs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Educated to HND level in a discipline relevant to the role, or equivalent, with relevant experience of working in administration, ideally within education and a customer focused environment.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to fulfilling duties with the ability to work in a team environment, supporting colleagues and sharing expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) to conduct effective relationships and the ability to interact effectively with people at different levels.
- Experience of supporting board/committee meetings and report writing is desirable.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about the School of Health & Life Sciences.
The benefits we can offer you include:
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 27 days following completion of 5 years’ service, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
This post will be based at either Paisley or Lanarkshire Campus however, you may be required to work at any UWS campus or location from time to time to meet needs of the business, with travel to Lanarkshire Campus a particular priority.
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2022
Interviews will be held on: w/c 15 August 2022
Further information contact Valerie Cassidy, School Operational Manager Valerie.Cassidy@uws.ac.uk
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from under-represented groups.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520