Research Assistant, Synthetic Biology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for one Research Assistant/Associate position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Those with no experience are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant/Associate (RA) will be responsible to A/Prof Matthew Chang and work with a team of researchers. The research project revolves around applied synthetic biology and focuses on genome engineering, strain engineering and metabolic engineering.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA is expected to:
- Take part in one or more research projects, execute experiments, and assimilate results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions.
- Assist in any other duties that are delegated by the Principal Investigator.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry or biotechnology;
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology, biotechnology, or biological science;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be attentive to details;
- Be passionate about science, self-motivated, naturally take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising obstacles.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application: Please submit your application supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, and complete list of publications/oral presentations). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13964