Internal Communications Specialist, Intranet
- Full time, 12-months fixed term, with a chance of extension
- Excellent opportunity to support internal communications and the digital employee experience at The University of Sydney
- Base Salary $111K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Internal Communications Specialist – Intranet is responsible for development and implementation of staff communications strategies for University-wide initiatives, including ongoing development and delivery of the University’s staff intranet as the primary channel for staff communication.
The Internal Communications Specialist – Intranet works collaboratively with staff in other professional service units and the Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor portfolios, creates high-quality, audience-driven content targeting University staff, and provides best practice and strategic advice for the University’s staff intranet.
- experience managing staff intranets or similar websites within a large, complex organisation and overseeing or contributing to governance, authorship, training and strategy
- ability to manage information architecture and create online content to meet strategic objectives and user needs
- high quality writing and editing skills with tailored approaches to varying audience groups
- experience in developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and plans to meet strategic and business requirements
- Well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines
- significant experience building effective stakeholder relationships in a large and complex organisation.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 24 July 2022 11:59 PM