- 2 Full time, continuing positions in following asset disciplines:
- Electrical - focusing on building services, electrical efficiency & sustainability
- Building Fabric - focusing on remediation of facades, roofs & structures (retaining walls, roads, footpaths)
- Exciting opportunity to work with the University and its prized buildings
- Base Salary $135,944 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is seeking experienced Senior Engineers to provide multi-disciplinary engineering leadership through the planning, development and management of campus-wide asset management strategies to ensure asset compliance, suitability and reliability. Responsible for developing and implementing engineering initiatives to monitor asset performance, ensuring plant and equipment operates efficiently, with asset lifecycles maintained.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide asset management and engineering support across various remedial projects on the University's existing infrastructure
- develop building asset management plans, asset lifecycle plans and asset category plans which detail strategy, key objectives and performance measures across asset categories
- manage full lifecycle asset planning and costing and identification of asset performance constraints in conjunction with stakeholders
- maintain asset category registers, ensuring asset data consistency through project and maintenance delivery programs
- maintain asset documentation, including reports, drawings, certifications and licenses
- provide operational support to Central Operations Services (COS) and its associated contractors to integrate strategic asset management into daily operations
- provide technical input and advice relating to asset performance and prioritised renewals and major upgrades required to be in incorporated into project scopes
- perform QA inspections and witness test asset operations during project construction delivery
- tertiary education in an engineering discipline (preferably electrical, civil, building, structural) or extensive experience in building & construction
- experience with remedial works in construction focusing on the building fabric (roof, façade, structure etc)
- demonstrated detailed knowledge and expertise of the subject matter work practices such as methods of providing general engineering advice relating to integrated asset management
- advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with visual analytics and data reporting
- sound knowledge of building regulations and WH&S compliance
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, on 8627 9901 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 18 July 2022 11:59 PM