Service Centre Consultant (ICT)
- 2x Full time roles, 1x continuing & 1x fixed term
- Excellent opportunity to join our Shared Service Centre and contribute to the outstanding service provided by our ICT Specialists
- Base Salary $78'077 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
There are 2 positions available:
- Continuing full time
- Fixed term full time until 10th June 2023
As a Service Centre Consultant (ICT) you will provide strong customer service and transactional support and advice in response to Information and Communications Technology (ICT) enquiries from University of Sydney staff and students lodged through multiple channels. As part of the Shared Service Centre, which is the central point of contact for Operations related queries, you will be required to understand University policy and provide beneficial responses to a range of service queries in a professional and customer focused manner.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work collaboratively with Shared Service Centre staff members and management, as well as other groups, cohorts and stakeholders across the University
- respond to ICT-related customer enquiries, questions, requests and processing tasks lodged through multiple channels
- use the Shared Service Centre ticket management platform to raise tickets for all customer enquiries/requests received via telephone or email
- identify, nominate and participate in any continual improvement opportunities across processes, products, services, technology / systems and reporting within the Shared Service Centre
- interpret relevant ICT knowledge, guidelines and University policy to provide accurate advice.
- demonstrated high level computer literacy skills and knowledge, with specific proficiency in Microsoft Office, email and web browsers
- experience in supporting account and password management queries, including support of multi-factor authentication (MFA) requests and issues
- experience in understanding and interpreting ICT policies and organisational procedures and translating these into actionable instructions for end users
- excellent customer service and communication skills (both written and oral), a well-developed telephone manner, and experience taking calls from a multi-queue interactive voice response (IVR) system
- experience using the ServiceNow (or similar) incident logging system.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 17 July 2022 11:59 PM