Research Fellow, School of Biological Sciences
The School of Biological Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The successful candidate will be an active member of the research team; planning and delivering the main objectives of an Invest NI Proof of Concept grant project to extend further development of technologies for discovery of novel antimicrobials.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Hold or is about to be awarded a PhD in a relevant area (biological sciences, microbiology).
- At least 3 years research experience to include:
- Experience of antimicrobial discovery for treating of pathogens
- Demonstrable computational or laboratory experience relevant to microbiology.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
Fixed Term available until 31 October 2023. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/