Research Fellow, School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
The School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (CCE) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoc initially for a period of 1 year, further extendable subject to successful stage gating. The researcher will perform catalytic production of Sustainable Aviation Fuels and biofuel additives to facilitate the UK’s 2050 net zero emissions target.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the researcher to work within a vibrant multidisciplinary environment, interacting with colleagues from Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Computational simulations as well as interact on a regular basis with our collaborators from refinery and renewable energy companies.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding. The successful candidate must be available to start by 1 November 2022.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or be about to obtain a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related subject
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related subject
- 3 years relevant research experience to include:
- Recent hands on experience in gas/vapour phase reactions using fixed-bed reactors at postgraduate or postdoctoral level is required
- Ability to design, construct and refine the experimental rig using pumps, mass flow controllers and back-pressure regulators.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Haresh Manyar: firstname.lastname@example.org