Faculty Communications Manager
The Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences (NMES) is seeking an experienced communications professional to lead and manage the Faculty Communications Team and provide the full portfolio of communications support across the faculty’s five departments – Chemistry, Engineering, Informatics, Mathematics and Physics.
The Communications Team sits in the Faculty’s Enterprise & Engagement (E&E) Function which also includes teams supporting enterprise activity (commercialisation, IP, start-ups, impact) and engagement (alumni, fundraising, international).
The post holder will:
- Lead and manage the Faculty Communications Team which comprises internal and external communications, content creation, events, and web support.
- Provide a responsive and comprehensive service offer to stakeholders by the team across the various elements of the team’s portfolio and to all areas of the faculty.
- Support the Head of Enterprise & Engagement and the Vice Dean (Enterprise & Engagement) in the delivery of activity across all the portfolio areas of the post and ensure seamless integration with the other functional areas and departments.
- Deliver strategic and operational communications advice to faculty stakeholders and develop communications plans and strategies in alignment with organisational need.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders and partners across the organisation and build and maintain an integrated and mutually beneficial relationship with central teams supporting communications activity.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent