Research Engineer, Transport
A Research Engineer position is available at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore.
The selected incumbent is expected to
- Directly assist the PI and Co-PI with the creation and management of research laboratory, administration support of research project, data maintenance, and internal and external communication.
- Work closely with the PI and the Co-PI to prepare literature research, reports, presentation, and articles as well.
The research project aims to serve as a linkage from individual vehicle technologies to transportation infrastructure planning and traffic control at the network level. The project will address the new challenges, enable the network-wide deployment of revolutionary CV technologies and provide a comprehensive understanding of the benefits and costs of the future CV systems.
- Possess a M.Eng/MSC degree in related discipline (transportation engineering, operations research, or related disciplines).
- Strong interests and expertise in traffic simulation, mathematical modelling and programming, and reinforcement learning
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- expertise and work experience in programming with both traffic simulation software Vissim and Python
- Expertise and work experience in programming with C++ (or Python) and optimization solvers (e.g., CPLEX, AMPL).
- Has publication record in top journals in the field.
- Good communication and team working skills with the ability to present research findings in publications and meetings are also required.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15071