Communications and Engagement Advisor
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 Per annum
Full Time Fixed Term for 12 months
Closing Date: Thursday 14 July 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University’s IT Service, iSolutions, are currently seeking to engage a dynamic and talented Communications and Engagement Advisor who can help us shape and improve the way in which we engage and communicate with staff and students across the University to deliver our transformational change projects.
You will be responsible for managing a variety of communications activities, working with colleagues to develop messages for our audiences, co-ordinate work across the university campuses and delivering effective communications across a range of channels, including print, digital and social media.
iSolutions is one of the largest departments within the University’s Professional Services Group and we provide a broad and complex range of ICT services to support our diverse user community of more than 20,000 students and over 5,500 University staff.
- Experience of delivering engaging internal communications in a large organisation.
- Exceptional communication skills showing a strong sense of purpose, creativity and flair.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to present complex issues in a focused, succinct, professional and persuasive manner
- Demonstrable experience of creating compelling communication pieces for a diverse range of audiences and purposes.
- Able to organise, plan and deliver effective communications and engagement activities in line with wider project plans and time frames.
- Experience of working on complex communications projects and will thrive working as part of a busy and diverse environment as well as being motivated to work independently.
- Able to apply relevant tools and techniques associated with communications.
- Self-sufficient, capable of target setting and monitoring, actively seeking information from internal or external sources as required.
- Able to proactively work with colleagues across all appropriate areas to achieve specific outcomes.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and an ability to persuade, influence and collaborate with a wide range of people, including at senior levels and to foster and maintain trusted and effective relationships.
Working at UoS
As part of our commitment to your well-being we offer an occupational pension scheme and generous holidays. Staff also have access to our state-of-the-art on-campus sports, arts, and culture facilities, a full programme of events, and access to a number of University employee-discount schemes.
Work-life balance is important to us and this is reflected in our generous maternity policy. Our staff may wish to have working patterns that fit in with their caring responsibilities, so we invite requests to undertake this role on a part-time or a flexible working basis. We also welcome applicants who have had career breaks for reasons including maternity, paternity or adoption leave, disability, or illness.
Further information about working at University can be found on our web site, https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/display.aspx?id=1091&pid=0
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please contact Michelle (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote job reference 1884422JF on all correspondence.