Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Sociology
School of Social and Political Sciences
Salary: From £34,304 per annum
This is a permanent full time post at 1FTE
Closing Date: Thursday 21 July 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 10 August 2022
Lecturer salary from: £34,304 pro rata per annum
Senior Lecturer salary from: £39,739 pro rata per annum
Situated in the heart of a beautiful and historic city, the University of Lincoln has built an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research. The School of Social and Political Sciences has established a reputation as one of the most dynamic and fastest growing in the UK. This is an exciting time to be joining our student-focused and research-active School in further developing our place as a leading centre for studying and engaging with the range of disciplines in the School (sociology, social policy, politics, international relations, gender studies and criminology). We are particularly proud of our success in the recent REF, which judged 95% of our research outputs in social policy and social work as either world leading or internationally excellent. This resulted in us ranking 13th by grade point average (GPA) within social policy and social work.
The post will support the delivery of teaching and research across the School. We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has a strong academic profile related to any area of sociology
- Will engage in research that will complement existing strengths within the School
- Is an excellent communicator who will complement the School’s existing in teaching.
- Is able to support teaching in sociology specific modules and across wider interdisciplinary curricula within the School. An interest in sociological theory and proven ability to teach theory would be advantageous
- Will work collaboratively with other members of staff within the School as well as external stakeholders
- Quantitative research skills desirable but not essential.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Prof Abigail Powell, Acting Head of School - firstname.lastname@example.org.