Postdoctoral Researcher to Hematology Research Unit
2 days left
- Full Time
The Hematology Research Unit is seeking A POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
The Hematology Research Unit Helsinki (HRUH) is a translational research group, led by Professor Satu Mustjoki, which aims at understanding the pathobiology of malignant blood diseases and chronic inflammation. In blood cancers, the responses to immune checkpoint inhibitors have been modest, and there is a significant need for more effective therapies and for better understanding individual resistance and response mechanisms (personalized medicine). In our ongoing projects we aim to discover more effective immunotherapies, and individual resistance and sensitivity mechanisms using unbiased functional screens at the single cell level (e.g. CRISPR-Cas9 screens, high-throughput drug sensitivity assays) and utilizing primary patient immune and cancer cells in the dynamic co-culture models.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, curiosity-driven, and skilled applicant with a doctoral (PhD) degree in the field of immunology, tumor immunology / biology, translational hematology, or other related or relevant discipline.
- Proven skills in e.g., immunogenomics, genetics, functional immunoassays, flow cytometry applications, in vivo inflammation models and protein chemistry are considered as assets
- The candidate is also expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and a strong publication record is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary research team is imperative in the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to work in international research environment, with illustrious collaborations and strong link to the clinic. With a state-of-the-art laboratory, we feature a wide range of research techniques and knowledge, from wet lab to bioinformatics, and cherish well-functioning group dynamics. Apart from research work, we provide training and supervision to undergraduate and graduate students.
The University of Helsinki (UH), founded in 1640, is a vibrant scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. It is currently investing heavily in life sciences research. UH offers comprehensive services to its employees, including occupational health care and health insurance, sports facilities, and opportunities for professional development. Read more about the employee benefits at the University of Helsinki and why the University of Helsinki is an excellent career choice: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/about-us/careers.
APPLYING TO THE JOB
The position(s) is available as soon as the selected candidates are available. The project allows initially two year fixed-term positions. A trial period of 6 months will be applied.
Salary will depend upon the applicant's level of skills, knowledge, and abilities and is based on the university salary system.
Please submit your application via the University of Helsinki Recruitment System by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button.
Please attach the following documents to your application as a single PDF file:
- Cover letter that details your past experience and motivation for applying for the post
- CV (including publications)
- Contact details of at least three referees
The deadline for the applications is 14 August 2022.