2. Job Purpose
To do research works in the area of biosignal and modelling to be able to use advances in noninvasive wearable technology and explainable AI to devise new algorithms to predict cardiovascular instability or detect infection in Kidney Patients so that the dialysis treatment can be modified automatically in real time to treat such problems before they become critical. The partner SEHA Kidney Care will facilitate the clinical implementation of the proposed new technology.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
Key Project deliverables
- Daily Research performance, meeting and reporting
- Finalize the Ethics applications for approval from Khalifa University and SEHA Kidney Care Ethics Committee and Mafraq Hospital.
- Develop Impedance Cardiography (ICG) database on the web.
- Develop signal processing algorithms to analyse ICG signals and their features in relation to abnormalities.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in high impact journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor
- Senior Undergraduate students
4. Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent in Electrical/Biomedical/Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Experience in area of signal & image processing with machine learning modelling
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Research Associate
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time