Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor, Psychology
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at National Taiwan University invites applications for full-time faculty positions including all levels of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in all or one of the following areas:
- Clinical psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Personality/Social psychology
- Cognitive/perceptual psychology
- Developmental psychology (especially with a life-span perspective)
- Psychometrics/Quantitative psychology
- Psychobiology/Behavioral neuroscience
The position is expected to start from February / August 2023.
The Department of Psychology at NTU was established in 1949 as the first psychology department in Taiwan. It has since evolved into the most prominent psychology department in the country. The Master program was established in 1961, and the Ph.D. program was set up in 1971. The department has 3 divisions and 7 programs: Abnormal and Clinical Psychology Program in the Abnormal and Clinical Psychology Division; Experimental and Cognitive Psychology Program, Psychobiology Program, and Developmental Psychology Program in the Basic Psychology Division; and Personality and Social Psychology Program, Industrial/ Organizational Program, and Psychometrics Program in the Cultural, Social and Differential Psychology Division.
This department emphasizes both research and teaching. The appointee will be expected to teach in Mandarin or English at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The basic annual salary will be a 13.5-month salary (up to 56K USD annually). Outstanding candidates may also apply for various sources of additional stipends ona competitive basis, including but not exclusively the following:
- University Stipend for new faculty: 13K to 34K USD annually up to three years.
- Housing: University has dedicated housing for newly-recruited faculty to apply.
- Grant stipend from government: outstanding candidates may also be eligible to apply for special programs of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Science and Technology with extra stipend and grants.
- After completion of the above scheme, outstanding faculty can also apply for university stipend under the “flexible salary scheme” on a competitive basis.
The cost of living in Taiwan is reasonable and the medical care system is renowned for its high quality and well-covered national health insurance plan.
How to Apply:
Applicants (Ph.D. required, Post-doctoral training preferred) should indicate the area(s) applied. Application documents should be submitted online through the Academic Jobs Online by August 31 or December 31, 2022, including:
- Curriculum vitae (including a full publication list)
- Contact information of at least three references (including name, title, affiliation, official Email or phone) in the cover letter
- Statement of teaching experiences and/or potential
- Statement of research interests
- Other supporting materials
For related inquiries, please contact:
Department of Psychology