Clinical Data Manager
- Full time, 24 month fixed term
- Multiple exciting opportunities for a Clinical Data Manager to join the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre located on Camperdown Campus
- Base Salary $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is a flagship academic research organisation within the University of Sydney. The CTC develops and conducts large, multicentre, and international investigator-initiated clinical trials, commonly in collaboration with national and international research groups, and contributes expertise to trials run by others. The research conducted by the CTC covers a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology, diabetology, nephrology, neonatal and perinatal health, and currently a number of exciting projects investigating treatments for COVID-19. Our clinical operations team plays a key role in the delivery of high-quality academic research.
The CTC employs over 260 staff who share a combined passion for high quality clinical trials and research. We encourage collaboration and innovation, and our staff work closely across all levels to share experience, knowledge, and ideas. We offer a flexible, inclusive and collaborative team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This position offers the opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement (working from home some days with remaining days in the office). The successful candidate will have the ability and motivation to work remotely as required. We encourage those with a can-do attitude, looking to take on a new challenge, to apply.
We are seeking a Clinical Data Manager who will be responsible for managing data to support the clinical trial requirements that are run at the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work under the direction of Head, Clinical Data Management and Clinical Data Management Lead working as a member of the Clinical Trials Operations and Development team, liaising with various internal and external stakeholders
- ensure that data is collected, managed and reported clearly, accurately and securely
- plan for data collection, testing data collection methods, documenting data collection and review processes
- perform data review utilise reports, report on data quality and study status, document data collection and review processes, perform data review, write report specifications, report on data quality and study status
- contribute to database closure activities
- attend investigator meetings
- tertiary qualifications in relevant area such as science, health science, allied health, computing, mathematics or statistics
- experience with common electronic data capture systems (such as Oracle, Medidata Rave, InForm) and strong computing skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- demonstrated experience in data management in clinical trials or similar environment
- sound knowledge of medical terminology and ICH/GCP
- sound understanding of clinical trial principles and processes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Lena Germinarios, Recruitment Operations, by email email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 14 July 2022 11:59 PM