People and Organisational Development
Paisley Campus (with travel to other campuses as required)
HR Adviser - REQ001666
Grade 4: £24,174 - £28,756 per annum
Full-time: 35 Hours per week, Permanent
THE POST – HR Adviser
The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) have an exciting opportunity for an HR Adviser to support an established and welcoming team with an exciting vision for the future! We are seeking an HR practitioner with experience of handling ER casework, absence and performance management and someone who is confident to support managers across the organisation. A passionate and driven individual, you will enjoy the fast pace and varied nature of the workload. Working as part of the HR Operations Team within the wider People & OD department, you will help in the provision of a proactive and effective HR service.
You should have proven experience in a generalist role and be able to evidence successes in:
- Responding to HR operational enquiries from both managers and employees
- Providing HR advice, coaching and guidance to support managers through employee relations matters such as disciplinary, grievance, performance and attendance management
- Assisting in the delivery of recruitment, including shortlisting and interviews
- Supporting a team to implement a range of operational HR projects and initiatives
- Using HR systems and analysing HR data effectively
You will enjoy working as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. With drive, enthusiasm and tenacity you will be accustomed to operating within busy environment.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
If you would like to join the team on this exciting journey, apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.