Research Engineer, Magnetic Effects on the Machinability of Difficult-to-cut Materials
A Research Engineer position is open in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Hao, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The group is committed to establishing the fundamental sciences in the field of micromanufacturing based on experimental works and numerical findings.
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to evaluate innovative methods to improve the machinability of difficult-to-machine materials in the field of ultra-precision machining. He/she should have an interest in the above-mentioned research area.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in Engineering/Science/Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering (Robotics Equivalent).
- Proficiency with Linux, Python/C++ and at least one of the main machine learning libraries (ie. tensorflow, keras, pytorch).
- Experience in developing object pose estimation models and applying these models to standard benchmark tasks (ie. LineMOD or YCB-Video).
- Experience in developing grasp estimation models and applying these models to standard benchmark tasks (ie. Cornell Grasp or Jacquard).
- Proficiency with ROS, especially with ROS programming in robotic manipulation.
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14534