Research Fellow, Heat on Health and Work Productivity, HPTRP
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow in the Human Potential Translational Research Programme (HPTRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The HPTRP brings together researchers from a wide range of disciplines with an interest to maximise human potential. In HPTRP, through human studies, we adopt a holistic perspective that considers human potential as an integrative measure of health, productivity, performance, human capital and overall well-being over the lifespan, in our environment. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will be responsible to lead and align studies with the overall goal of the funded project (Heat on health and work productivity). The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigators and study team members to ensure the successful and timely completion of the project. The Research Fellow’s role includes designing research protocols, data collection and analysis of the data collected.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will liaise with the relevant personnel in the project team and be accountable to the Principal Investigators.
- Ensure project milestones and deliverables are met by working closely with the Principal Investigators;
- Design protocols for thermal physiology research by drawing upon reviews of previous literature and research best practices, and fronting relevant ethics applications;
- Lead and train the study team in research on human participants including data collection, analysis and interpretation;
- Generate peer-reviewed publications;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Work beyond routine work hours due to the nature of our research; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the Principal Investigators.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Ph.D., preferably in exercise physiology, thermal physiology or thermal impact;
- Have a strong background and extensive research experience in conducting human trials;
- Have a good record of international publications in human research;
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and data analysis software, e.g.MS Office, SPSS;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Work independently and a good team player; and
- Have an investigative nature and detail-oriented, highly motivated problem-solver.
Prospective candidates can contact Ms H’ng Shiau Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10067