Research Fellow, Statistics and Data Science
The successful candidate will work with Dr Carol Hargreaves on consulting projects, executive training courses and grants under a project at the Data Analytics Consulting Centre (DACC), Department of Statistics and Data Science.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Secure, co-ordinate and supervise consulting projects for the DACC.
- Lead student teams and work hands-on to create practical solutions for our clients.
- Take lead in solving problems from consulting projects by using state-of-the-art methodology from statistics, data science, mathematics and computer science.
- Take lead in producing technology (“minimum viable products”) for the delivery of consulting project results.
- Assist with literature reviews for Consulting & Advisory Projects.
- Handle student walk-in consultations.
- Build and maintain relationship with companies.
- Manage consulting and research legal contracts.
- Obtain funding approval for the DACC Executive Training Courses & Workshops.
- Organize data science conferences and meet-ups.
- Manage executive training courses & workshops
PhD degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or other relevant subjects.
- Good Python Programming Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Good Deep Learning Skills
- Good Machine Learning Skills
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good experience in analysing Real-World Problems.
- Good experience in Python Programming
- Good experience in building innovative solutions
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Statistics and Data Science
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15101