Senior Research Fellow, Synthetic Biology Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Senior Research Fellow position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh PhD holders are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the post
The Senior Research Fellow (SRF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and a team of researchers on several novel and ambitious projects. Areas of research include large scale DNA amplification, DNA modification, purification and engineering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Research Fellow is expected to:
- Manage and drive one or more research projects, design and execute experiments, assimilate and interpret results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions;
- Write papers together with the PI for publication in high-impact journals;
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate students.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD degree in molecular biology and cell biology, or a related field;
- Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology or biochemistry. Experience with protein science is favourable;
- Have a strong record of publications in international journals;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be attentive to details;
- Be passionate about science, self-motivated, naturally take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising issues
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari, at email@example.com
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9261