Project Officer, Clinical Education Strategy and Risk
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 3 years
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Learning and Teaching Unit
Salary: UOM 7 – $96,002 – $103,921 p.a. plus 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences has an enviable research record and is the University of Melbourne’s largest faculty in terms of management of financial resources, employment of academic and professional staff, teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate (including research higher degree) students and the conduct of basic and applied research. The Faculty’s annual revenue is $628m with approximately 55% of this income related to research activities.
About the Role
The Clinical Education Strategy and Risk (CESAR) Project Officer will work closely with the Academic Director Clinical Education Strategy and Risk and other Faculty leaders to support the risk management of the Faculty’s clinical education portfolio. Under the broad direction of the Manager, Experiential Learning, and the Academic Director, the CESAR Project Officer will develop a range of frameworks, protocols and other resources to support the Faculty in effectively anticipating, monitoring and responding to strategic and operational risks in clinical education programs across the division.
The CESAR Project Officer will also support the MDHS Clinical Education Strategy and Risk Committee, a standing committee responsible for the strategic development and risk management of clinical education activities in the MDHS.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Review and monitor the Faculty’s clinical course selection and admission requirements and clinical placement supervision and pre-placement compliance practices
- Maintain and regularly report on project timelines and performance against scheduled milestones
- Liaise with staff in MDHS schools who have clinical programs regarding clinical risk monitoring and management
- Provide executive support to the MDHS Clinical Education Strategy and Risk Committee
You are someone who shares the MDHS values and our ideas for getting things done – through collaboration & teamwork, respect, compassion, integrity and accountability. You are self-starter, experienced in project management and able to exercise sound judgement, diplomacy and discretion as needed. You have a proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and respectful manner. Your excellent written and oral communication skills enable you to work with confidence when dealing with senior staff.
You will further have:
- A relevant tertiary degree with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training
- Proven project management skills, with a strong track record in communicating progress, managing expectations, strong attention to detail, preparing documentation, monitoring, tracking, problem solving, and the ability to prioritise competing demands under broad direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management, with proven ability to exercise sound judgement
- Knowledge of risk management, or willingness to learn
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages with disabilities and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and 1-2 page cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Please Note: Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed and progressed as received – if this role interests you, please apply now and do not wait until the closing date. Interviewing may commence prior to the closing date.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The University of Melbourne is required to comply with applicable health guidance and directions issued from the Victoria Health Minister. The University of Melbourne requires all University of Melbourne employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption order applies. All applicants therefore must meet this requirement when submitting an application.
Position Description: 0056036 CESAR Project Officer PD_.pdf
Applications Close: 27 JULY 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time