Research Associate (A), School of Computer Science
Level A, $89,610 to $96,007 salary scale per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies.
Fixed term position for up to 30 months.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Conduct research on the assigned project(s) with minimum supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently, and the production or contribution to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications
- Building and evaluating appropriate prototypes/testbeds based on the outcomes of the research to be carried out
- Attendance at group and project meetings
- Advice within the field of research to post-graduate students in consultation with the senior researcher
To be successful you will need:
- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area (completed).
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on one or more of the topics related to Security and Privacy by Design, User-Centric Secure Software Development and Design and Evaluation of Resilient Software Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Evidence-Based Methods, Software Quality, Productivity and Decision making for Security and Privacy by Design, Applied Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing (NLP), Security and DevOps/MLOps.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming/scripting technologies for research and development of Secure Software and/or automation tools, including, but not limited to, Java, C, Python, Bash, PowerShell or X86 Assembly.
- Commitment to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion, and ability to contribute to the diversity of the School community.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology is a multidisciplinary hub of cutting-edge teaching and research. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
The Faculty actively partners with innovative industries to solve problems of global significance.
Learn more at: set.adelaide.edu.au
If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the link below for a copy of the position description and to apply:
Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55 pm, 30 July 2022.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor M. Ali Babar
The School of Computer Science
P: +61 (8) 8313 4478
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.