Research Engineer, Laboratory Operations, IHealthtech
Institute for Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
Advancing health through innovation, iHealthtech seeks to address clinical needs through the development of innovative disruptive health technologies and bring them from the bench to the bedside, thus benefitting patients and society. You will work as an integral part of the laboratory operations team, providing support to the laboratory manager in operations and related laboratory duties such as core equipment training, procurement and safety matters.
- Supervise users on core, prototyping and fabrication equipment, including training and equipment usage management
- Schedule equipment maintenance/repairs and calibration
- Liaise with vendors for related laboratory duties
- Perform purchase requisitions
- Support the operations team on laboratory safety and documentation
- Other ad-hoc duties
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and three references (name, institution, email) to Dr. Donny Liang (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Wang Lili (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from a reputable university
- At least one year of working experience in a research/laboratory environment and familiarity with research operations
- Working experience in rapid prototyping, CAD or cleanroom microfabrication is preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with the team members
- Passionate in mastering research instruments and passing on knowledge to users
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.