Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Biostatistics
SCHOOL: Academy of Pharmacy
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: The successful applicant will work in the area of Biostatistics or a related discipline
POSITION TITLE: Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Biostatistics
LOCATION: Suzhou Campus
POSITION OPEN DATE: 9th of Feb. 2022
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31st of July. 2022, or until fulfill, early submission is encouraged.
JOB ID: 1958
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time, fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable, the 3rd contract is open-ended.
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The Academy of Pharmacy was established on November 11, 2020, focusing on pharmaceutical sciences and planning to recruit faculty from globally distinguished institutions working in this discipline. The Academy of Pharmacy intends to work closely with the local (Suzhou Industrial Park) private sectors for student/professional training and basic research. It will also build a state-of-the-art Pharmaceutical Analysis Core Lab and Laboratory Animal Research Centre with excellent technical support. Staff also benefit from the fact that Suzhou is building a ‘Chinese Pharma Valley’ for pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences. Cold Spring Harbor Asia (http://www.csh-asia.org/index.html) is located within walking distance and there are over 600 pharma and biotechnology companies in Suzhou Industrial Park. Current Academy of Pharmacy research areas include: novel therapeutic development and strategies, AI-assisted drug development, gene/cell therapy, clinical pharmacy, and new vaccine development. The Academy plans to offer undergraduate, Master’s and PhD degree programmes in Applied Statistics (Biostatistics), Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, and Biopharmaceuticals.
- To teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- To maintain active research and research funding.
- To carry out various administrative duties (e.g. Research Officer, Lab Safety Officer, and Examination Officer).
- To supervise graduate students and support teaching and research staff.
- To collaborate vigorously with local private sectors.
- The successful applicant will have a PhD degree in Mathematics (e.g. probability theory), Statistics, Biostatistics, Medical Statistics (e.g. Clinical Trial Statistics), Epidemiology (with focus on methodology and statistical analysis) or a related discipline and should demonstrate appropriate teaching experience and evidence of the ability to obtain external research funds and produce high quality research publications.
- Candidates for the position of Associate Professor and above should also have a strong track record in teaching and academic supervision, as well as an international collaborative research profile in their fields and a successful record of research funding.
Candidates with previous pharmaceutical industry and/or industry collaboration experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Effective communication skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Professionalism and work ethic;
- Interpersonal abilities to manage a research team;
- Positive attitude and energy;
- Diversity / Sensitivity.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Annual Basic Salary Range(gross):
Assistant Professor: 360K RMB-400K RMB
Associate Professor: 450K RMB-490K RMB
Senior Associate Professor: 540K RMB-580K RMB
Professor: above 620K RMB, negotiable
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must be comply with the regulations with the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please send your application online: https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1958&company=xjtlu
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter;
- A current CV, including country of citizenship, and highest degree level;
- Contact details for three references.
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email the Executive Dean, Academy of Pharmacy, Professor Mu Wang at email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.