Assistant Professor in Chemistry Department
DEPARTMENT: Department of Chemistry
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Organic Chemistry, Computational Chemistry
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Professor
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and qualification.
POSITION OPEN DATE: 1st May 2022
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: hiring will continue until the positions are filled.
JOB ID: 2740
CONTRACT TYPE: full-time, 3-year contract (renewable) and 3rd contract is open-ended
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The chemistry Department was first established in 2010. The Department currently delivers one undergraduate BSc programme in ‘Applied Chemistry’ and one Master programme ‘MRes in Advanced Chemistry’. In 2017 our BSc in Applied Chemistry programme was accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry, the first RSC accreditation of its kind in China.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
We are looking for future colleagues who can
- conduct high-quality research, as shown by publications in leading journals,
- actively attract internal and external research funding,
- supervise PhD students and undergraduate students,
- teach undergraduate and postgraduate students,
- provide administrative service to the department and university committees,
- teach in the areas of molecular modeling or advanced NMR.
Preference will be given to applicants who have shown outstanding promise in research and teaching. It is important to note that a successful applicant must be able to teach in English as XJTLU’s working and instructional language is English.
- A PhD degree in Chemistry.
- Two years of postdoctoral experience and preferably a demonstrable teaching experience
- Ability to teach either CHE317 Introductory Molecular Modelling or CHE319 Advanced NMR in September 2022
- Experience in conducting research supported by national level research funds.
- Experience in academic programme design and development.
- Experience in design and implementation of digital and internet education.
Range of Annual Base Pay:
Lecturer: 280k-320k RMB
Assistant Professor: 360k-400k RMB
Associate Professor: 450k-490k RMB
Senior Associate Professor: 540k-580k RMB
Professor: Above 620k RMB, negotiable
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised that applicants over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please use the following link to submit your application:
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for 3 referees
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above. Informal enquiries about the positions and the department may be addressed to the Head of Department, Dr. Graham Dawson (Email: Graham.Dawson@xjtlu.edu.cn). Other informal enquiries may be addressed to the Recruiting Team at Lidan.Yang@xjtlu.edu.cn Please quote the position and job ID (2740) in your enquiry.