Assistant, Research Training Services
- 2x roles available! 1x Full-time, Continuing position & 1x Full time, fixed term position until March 2023
- Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus
About the Role
The Assistant, Research Training Services is responsible for providing research services and support within the College based Research Service Centre. This includes providing administrative support throughout the candidature life cycle, including progress management, support of HDR events including conferences, complaints, and referral to other specialist services.
The role contributes to the provision of efficient and effective administrative services to support Research Training Services' activities, such as enquiry management via web chat, email and over the phone. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and administration skills.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to understand issues at both a broad strategic level and at a detailed operational level.
- Proven track record supporting successful delivery of change, quality improvement and project initiatives in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Experience in supporting high-performing customer focused teams to deliver to a range of clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to help achieve the strategic objectives of all colleges and promote the values of RMIT University.
- Highly motivated, customer focused and pro-active with highly developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to handle various and multiple functions simultaneously and under pressure.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy - word processing, presentation software, email, internet and correspondence management databases and a demonstrated ability to adapt to new IT environments.
Click here to watch a video with more information.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About the Portfolio
RMIT's Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers to help shape the world. The portfolio has an engaged, energetic, talented, and collaborative team focused on enabling excellent research and innovation outcomes. With a global presence, community, and industry connections, we support cutting-edge research and careers that make a positive impact on communities.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Michael Xavier via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 13th July at 11:59 pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/