Research Fellow, Intelligent Systems
School of Computing: The NUS School of Computing traces its roots back to the Nanyang University Department of Computer Science that was established in 1975 – the first of its kind in Singapore. Since then, we have developed into one of the leading computing schools in the world (QS World Rank 6 in 2022), with faculty members who are both internationally recognised researchers and inspiring teachers.
Department of Information Systems & Analytics: The Department of Information Systems and Analytics has a long track record in grooming both practitioner and thought leaders for the digital economy and IT workforce. The department's internationally recognized faculty members perform research in the areas of business analytics, artificial intelligence, economics of information systems, electronic commerce, social computing, service systems, healthcare informatics, technology management and policy making.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Suranga Nanayakkara (Principal Investigator) on investigating the ways of designing intelligent human-computer interfaces that extend the limits of our perceptual and cognitive capabilities.
- Working with A/Prof Suranga Nanayakkara to conduct original, impactful research
- Provide guidance to PhD students, Research Engineers in the team
- Contribute to developing new research proposals
- Contribute to disseminate research outcomes to the audience in the field of Information Systems through journal/conference papers, presentations and demonstrations
- A PhD in Information Systems or related field with a focus on Human Centred Machine Learning or Design Science Research
- Good publication record especially in Information Systems related conferences/journals
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
How to Apply: Email CV and a short statement of interest to email@example.com
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department: Department of Information Systems And Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 15138