Student Life UWA
- Full-time ongoing appointment
- Base salary range: Level 8: $101,337 – $110,766 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Counselling and Psychological Service provides a full range of services to students of the University of Western Australia. These services include individual and group counselling, including management of emergency presentations; consultancy to staff on issues related to student counselling; and promotion of counselling services. More information on the Counselling Service is available on the web at https://www.uwa.edu.au/students/need-help/counselling-and-psychological-services
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will be responsible to the Manager and work specifically as a member of the counselling team engaged in the full range of psychological and counselling duties. You will have a significant role in the clinical direction of the counselling team and work with other practitioners within Student Success and Wellbeing as appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) with at least four years of work experience
- Eligible for a Medicare Service Provider Number
- Ability to apply a range of counselling and therapeutic interventions appropriate to client problems
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills and interpersonal skills specific to consultation, liaison, negotiation, provision of workshops and clinical service delivery
- Ability to engage in crisis management, deal with critical incidents and the necessary follow-up
- Ability to act as a consultant to academic and other staff on matters of student well-being, with a working knowledge of university systems, procedures and sensitivity to contemporary issues in tertiary education environment
- Ability to contribute to policy development, staff training and development, clinical supervision and best practice initiatives within the Service
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
In line with the Western Australia COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Programme the successful applicant for this position will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status (or have a Vaccination Exemption Statement) before commencing work at UWA.
Closing date: 11:55 pm AWST on Tuesday, 12 July 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021)
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020
Assistance and Support
UWA is committed to inclusive recruitment and is happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. If you have queries in relation to the application process, please contact email@example.com referencing the 6-digit job reference number and type of communication you prefer, and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.