Special Scientist Position, Researcher
Title: Special Scientist Position (Researcher)
Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment with a five month contract (1/8/2022-31/12/2022)
Place of Work: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one research position in the Department of Computer Science, the Xi Computer Architecture Lab, to conduct research related to “Power of Modern Servers in Data Centers".
The project «PDC» covers a wide range of topics related to power, microarchitecture and system software of a modern server running cloud applications.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting experimental research on computing systems.
- Collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Code and script development.
- Bibliographical review of the current literature.
- Writing articles for publication in conference proceedings and scientific journals.
General qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering) from an accredited institution.
- Experience in topics relevant to Computing Systems and Computer Architecture
- Excellent programming skills (e.g., C, Python, Bash, assembly x86/ARM)
- Experience with monitoring tools: SoC Watch, perf and vtune
- Experience with user facing cloud applications and microservices
- Experience with power delivery, frequency governors and idle governors
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English language.
- Experience and/or participation in European and/or other funded research projects
- Previous publication record in technical conferences and journals
- Organizational skills (e.g., supervising students, proposals preparation)
Terms of Employment:
The monthly gross salary is estimated at €1640,16. From this amount, employee contributions will be deducted. There is no provision for 13th salary.
Ιinterested applicants should submit the following items via email to email@example.com, no later than Thursday, the 8th of July 2022, at 23:59, which will be the last date of submission of the applications, and use the email subject line: “Application: Special Scientist Position (Researcher): PDC”
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae in English or Greek.
- A cover letter declaring their interest in their position as well as their preferred date for commencing employment
- Brief review in English or Greek of research/academic work, as well as a brief description of future scientific plans (up to 2 pages).
- Proof of their qualifications (Copies of degrees and transcripts)
- The names and contact information of two people who will be willing to provide references Complete contact information
- For more information contact the Yiannakis Sazeides at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity, and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.