Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a Research Assistant in the research group of Asst. Prof. Chii Jou Chan at Mechanobiology Institute, NUS to embark on an interdisciplinary project aimed at understanding the mechanical and biochemical signalling regulating early mouse ovary development and ageing.
Candidates are expected to have good knowledge and skills in cell and molecular biology, preferably some prior experience in working with mouse models.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage the lab both in technical aspects as well as administrative aspects in procurement, maintenance of lab inventory and mouse stock.
- Degree in life sciences or biomedical disciplines.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including final year Hons. project/Undergraduate project).
- Experience in cell and tissue culture, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology.
- Possess basic skills in microscopy and image analysis (Image J and/or Matlab).
- Experience in mouse handling will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; able to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary research environment.
Interested applicants please apply here and also send your application to Asst. Prof. Chii Jou Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two referees.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 9469