- Part-time (0.6FTE), Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B - TRP $115,256 - $136,108 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will contribute to the design and delivery of the School's undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs in Physiotherapy (online, blended and face to face) and conduct research in the Physiotherapy Discipline.
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments. The School comprises three Departments and 10 disciplines across La Trobe’s multi campus operations and has an outstanding reputation for research excellence, research translation and for building strong relationships with industry partners.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
- Ability to teach in the discipline’s key areas of cardiovascular and/or neurological and/or paediatric physiotherapy.
Capabilities required to be successful in the position
- Ability to demonstrate self-awareness, see things from another person’s perspective and actively seek out and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Ability to work collaboratively, recognise the value of diversity and model accountability, connectedness, innovation and care.
- Ability to think creatively, explore new ideas and respectfully challenge existing practices in order to improve current ways of working.
- Ability to build a culture of continuous improvement, implementing ideas generated by team members.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Monday, 25th July 2022
Position Enquiries: Richard Newsham-West, R.Newsham-West@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.