Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Education and Impactful Learning
- Full time
- Teaching & Research
- Bendigo campus
- Level B or Level C - TRP $98,510 - $161,137 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
An academic at this level will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. They will normally play a major role or provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession.
Skills and Experience
Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated experience in early childhood education and impactful learning and a sophisticated understanding of current research and trends that inform quality pedagogy in a range of learning environments to drive change.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing innovative curriculum using evidence-based approaches for quality learning opportunities.
- Sophisticated ability to engage with industry leaders in education to develop opportunities for course and research collaborations.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Victorian Regional campuses – Please click on the video link below;
About the School of Education
The School of Education is changing the face of education in Australia and abroad. As an industry leader, we are building a quality profession for all.
We champion learning and leadership values in a diverse and global context. We embrace different learners, pathways and cultures to shape inclusive approaches to learning and teaching. We promote the sustainability of natural (outdoor) environments and their potential for learning about ourselves and others.
We aim to make a difference by promoting impactful and critical research as well as professional excellence for teaching, leadership and work with the environment. We work inter-culturally with, and for, all learners, educators and educational leaders.
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Sunday 24th of July 2022
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, Dean of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.