Professor / Associate Professor on Tenure Terms or Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
- 27 Jun 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Work type: Full-time
Department: School of Chinese (04100)
Categories: Professoriate Staff
Applications are invited for appointment as Professor/Associate Professor on tenure terms or Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Pre-modern Chinese Literature in the School of Chinese (Ref.: 515369), to commence on September 1, 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. Appointment as Assistant Professor will be made on a three-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal and consideration for tenure before the expiry of a second three-year.
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in Pre-modern Literature or related fields, preferably in the area of poetry and verse. A proven track record of commitment to excellence in teaching and research in Middle and Late Imperial Period Chinese literature is essential. Special consideration will be given to candidates who demonstrate a commitment to the development of an innovative research-led teaching profile, and/or can engage students in Digital Humanities applications to Chinese literature or culture. The successful candidate is expected to excel in undergraduate teaching, postgraduate supervision, and participate in collaborative research.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% gross income. The appointment on fixed-term will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of the basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start on September 2022, and continue until June 30, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is committed to diversity and inclusivity. The Faculty of Arts expressly encourages qualified persons from all genders to apply.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong