Health and Safety Senior Partner
- Full time, continuing opportunity
- Great opportunity to join the University's Health and Safety team
- Base Salary range of $127,176 - $134,190 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The Health and Safety Senior Partner will provide health and safety advice and support to designated client groups within the University. The role works closely with the Health and Safety leadership team, Health & Safety Partners and University to provide operational advice to achieve the consistent implementation of the HSMS.
Working in a consultative and collaborative environment, your distinct motivation towards creating an effective and sustainable safety culture is essential in achieving cultural and behavioural change and best practice. Utilise your relationship building skills to provide direction and support to leaders, staff, local safety officers and H&S Partners about The University's Health and Safety requirements and where it applies. Furthermore, you will ensure effective working relationships between stakeholders and the Health and Safety Professional Services Unit by ongoing communication, regular meetings and operational planning activities. This role will also deputize for the H&S Senior Manager Partnering as required.
- postgraduate safety qualifications (minimum Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety)
- extensive experience and expertise in work, health and safety
- experience of leading and developing a team of H&S partners
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience presenting to groups, facilitating workshops, and chairing meetings
- proven experience in developing an effective and sustainable safety culture and of conceptualising, developing, and implementing practical compliance and safety programs
- a high level of stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes
- experience in providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to senior staff to enable cultural and behavioral change
- capability to undertake appropriate data analysis and compose clear reports including complex and sensitive information
- detailed knowledge of relevant health and safety and environmental acts, regulations and legislations, including risk management practices
- capability in managing competing deadlines across a diversified stakeholder base.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campusSponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 10 July 2022 11:59 PM