Senior Lecturer, Educational Evaluation
- Full time fixed term until 31/12/2024
- Contribute to world class management education and research within the University of Sydney Business School
- Academic level C, Base Salary $138,645 - $159,867 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Business school has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
We are seeking to make a senior appointment to the Business Co-Design and Connected Learning at Scale project's evaluation team, which is delivering programs of work to transform the educational and student experience at the Business School, informed by rigorous research and evaluation. You will be joining a team of experienced and innovative educational developers, learning designers and media specialists to lead the evaluation of curriculum and pedagogical work on key undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Led by the Academic Director Business Co-Design and working closely with other team members, this post will provide leadership in educational research and evaluation and direction for the final stages of the Connected Learning at Scale (CLaS) project as it moves into its business-as-usual phase.
With a PhD in education, business education or a related field, you will be an emerging authority in your field of expertise and bring an impressive record of published work or other demonstrated scholarly activities to continue to build on your national reputation for research excellence.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- apply your quantitative and qualitative skills and knowledge of educational research and evaluation to enhance the student learning experience
- engage in impactful research and provide leadership within the School or Faculty towards the furthering of the University's standing as a national leader in business education
- work closely with the CLaS project's educational design and development team along with other Professional Services staff to effectively support complex educational change projects. You will use your research skills to support other staff engaging in pedagogical research and share and disseminate their insights widely
- engage in critical evaluation and research around the implementation of the project, working with the rest of the team to apply a research-informed and rigorous framework to evaluation and improvement.
The University values courage and creativity, openness and engagement, inclusion and diversity, and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
To be successful in this post, you will demonstrate:
- A developed knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector
- significant experience of supervising, coordinating or being a senior member of a team that has researched educational development and learning design approaches to transform teaching and learning at a course, program or faculty/institutional level.
- an established research record with a demonstrated ability to achieve research outcomes, publish in high-quality international refereed journals in learning design, pedagogy, learning technologies or related fields, and contribute to the impact of the Transforming Education and the Student Experience in Business research group.
- evidence of working collegially and collaboratively with a team of academic and professional services staff to research and evaluate pedagogical change.
Applicants with established relationships with academic, industry and professional partners and stakeholders are particularly welcome.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter demonstrating your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship align with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have supporting your application.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 24 July 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney